Virginia launches six-year plan to align K-12 standards with university-level education
- Making detailed information about higher-education opportunities in Virginia available to students and their families, especially those who belong to under-represented groups.
- Highlighting details about financial aid opportunities.
- Motivating students to pursue higher education in Virginia.
- Providing scholarships for students who wish to enter careers in high demand.
- Determining tax revenue from university graduates versus non-graduates.
- Assessing the current quality of degree programs in the state.
- Increased levels of support for the Tuition Assistance Grant (TAG) program.
- Expanding financial aid to match the increase in college-level tuition.
- Further improving and advancing the Virginia College Savings Plan (VSCP).
- Tailoring existing programs such as the American Diploma Project and the College Board Standards for College Success to match the educational standards of public schools in Virginia with colleges and Universities in Virginia.
- Creating better research opportunities in-state and enhancing research funding.
On the Net:
Virginia: Panel Calls for Increased Financial Aid, Alignment of K to 12 Standards with College Curricula
Preparing Our Children: Math and Science Education in the National Interest
+ Consolidate Your Private or Federal Student Loans Now! (Save Thousands!!)
Tell A Friend
The Career Resources column is presented by EmploymentCrossing, America's leading job search site dedicated to getting people jobs.
IRS Reminds Students of "Tax-Advantaged Education Expenses"
By Surajit Sen Sharma
On September 11th, the IRS news release "Back-to-School Tax Breaks Help Teachers Pay Classroom Costs; Aid Parents, Students With College Tuition" stressed the importance of saving receipts and maintaining expense records to take full advantage of deductions on educational expenses and credits available on federal income tax returns for 2007.
+ read more
|Stafford Loan Payment Calculator|
|PLUS Loan Payment Calculator|
|Loan Consolidation Payment Calculator|